
Fellow ‘clubbers, I have uploaded the January Mixtape onto imeem for your online listening pleasure. To listen in, aim your internets at the embedded playlist to your right.
I’ve also created a new imeem group for us [that I now realize is a bitch to join, so I moved the blog over to Blogger where I can embed stuff thus eliminating the need to join the group to hear the music, so fuck those guys and fuck Wordpress too]. This is where I’d like to archive all of our mixes each month. Your invites have been sent already, let me know if you don’t get yours. And if you have, stick your dick in the mashed potatoes already, won’t you?
Ok, onto the liner notes:
1. Get Ready to Fly - Beyond the Wizard’s Sleeve
I always like to start and end my mixes with songs that relate to each other somehow. Listen to the last song, then let it loop back to this one, and you’ll know what I mean.
2. Into the Galaxy - Midnight Juggernauts
I really didn’t want to like these guys because I think their name is stupid. I’ve decided to look past that though since this song is so good.
3. Needle in the Camel’s Eye - Brian Eno
4. Divine (Midnight Juggernaut Remix) - Sebastien Tellier
The original version of this song was selected to be France’s entry in the 2008 Eurovision Contest. For an ideal listening experience, this song should only be heard in a room solely illuminated by candlelight.
5. Nightdrive with You (Fear of Tigers Remix) - Anoraak
This song reminds me of When in Rome. I listened to a lot of C89 in the sixth grade.
6. The Songs of National Freedom - Richard Swift
His friends call him ‘Dicky.’
7. Paris is Burning - Ladyhawke
Ladyhawke is an old movie about this chick and this dude that turn into a hawk and a wolf respectively. When one them is in human form, the other is in animal form. A common debate amongst cinephiles is whether to categorize this film as a tragic romantic drama or bestiality porn.
8. The Fear - Lily Allen
Lily Allen goes in a new musical direction with this tune, and if you’re like me, that direction points just to the left of awesome (which is still really good).
9. Waved On - Engineers
Listening to this song is like how taking a warm bath would sound like, if baths were music.
10. Now You’re Gone - Secret Machines
11. Paris - Friendly Fires
I want to marry this song.
12. Never Miss a Beat - Kaiser Chiefs
13. Those Dancing Days - Those Dancing Days
I really enjoy the manic drumming on this track. Also gets extra points for being named after the band.
14. Disco Teeth - One Million Teeth
I’m not sure what ‘Disco Teeth’ are, but they’re probably really sparkly.
15. Veni Vedi Veci (Diplo Remix) - Black Lips
A search for ‘black lips’ on WebMD.com does not yield any relevant results.
16. Sunrise (Pocketknife’s Rise & $hine Remix) - Yeasayer
17. Sleepyhead - Passion Pit
I imagine that this is what the voices in Roger Rabbit’s head sound like.
18. Show Me - Mint Royale
19. Positive Contact - Deltron 3030
Del tha Funkee Homosapien is Ice Cube’s cousin. TRUE FACT!

No comments:
Post a Comment